By: Annalia Zhimomi (Professional Make-up artist)
What we all love about trends is that they keep changing and you don’t have to follow or carry them out all at once. Think of them as guidelines for us!
No matter what year it is and which trend we follow, rule no.1 is a flawless base.
- Dewy skin (your skin looks moisturised, plump, full and au natural):
- For this trick is the “no makeup” makeup trend. Use tones of Caramel and Honey on your eyes and lips with luminous skin. Start contouring your nose and cheeks wherever contouring is required and use a cream based blush for a natural flush. Highlight your cheek bones and bridge of the nose. Curl the lashes and apply mascara. For lips, use a tinted lip balm and don’t forget to fill in your brows thick. Full brows are definitely in.
- Sculpted eyes: Bright eyes with sculpted crease.
- Metallic liners in blue, neon eyeliners.
- Colorful smokey eyes: This look is perfect when paired with nude lips so that it focuses only on the eye. Too much colour on both can kill the look. Use Mac paint pot in black ground as base and other colors on top of it. This will create that dark yet colorful smokey effect.
- Nude eyes with bright coloured lips in corals (all skin shade) or pinks (fair): This look goes perfect with a dewy perfect base and strong contouring. Wear a light coat of mascara on the upper lids and over lids. Add bright lips in coral or pink shades and tie your hair up in a pony tail.